Find opportunities that are right for you.
Dallas, TX 75216 US
Safety Officer/Manager Job Description
We are looking to employ a qualified and competent construction safety officer/manager who will be responsible for the health and safety of staff at the workplace. The safety officer will compile safety programs and standardize them to remain consistent, as well as share best practice techniques at regular staff meetings as well as maintain a physical presence on the work site to ensure safe operations and safety compliance.
To ensure success as a safety officer, you must stay updated with the latest trends in health and safety, and consistently implement these practices in the workplace. Ultimately, a top-notch safety officer will maintain compliance with all safety regulations and ensure that every member of staff complies with the regulated standards.
Safety Officer Responsibilities:
- Compile safety programs.
- Practice safe working techniques.
- Implement and maintain health and safety standards.
- Establish a cordial and professional relationship with employees.
- Maintain and enforse compliance with all safety regulations.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to share best practice techniques.
- Standardize health and safety in order to remain consistent.
- Identify and mitigate high risk hazards and ensure safe practices in the workplace.
- Promote safety initiatives.
- Compile and maintain relevant registers to ensure compliance.
- Document staff information, minutes of meetings, and reports compiled for management.
- Regularly inspect site and equipment.
Safety Officer Requirements:
- Valid competency certificates.
- Strong communication skills.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in this position.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Applications.