Find opportunities that are right for you.
Recycling Sorter Associate
266 Lisbon Street, Lewiston, ME 04240 Lewiston, ME 04240 US
The Recycling Sorter Associate is responsible for sorting through recycled materials that come into the facility as they move along the conveyor belt, inspecting items, and placing items or materials into designated area according to commodity, size, condition, and/or grade
• Performs duties in a safe and efficient manner , in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
• Ensures proper PPE is utilized at all times and is continuously part of our safety culture.
• Sorts out assigned commodities in a manner that it consistent with the goals of the facility.
• Performs cleaning duties related to plant equipment and general housekeeping as required.
• Reports system problems immediately to Supervisor.
• Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
• Completes all required initial Safety Training and attends all monthly trainings provided.
• Maintains an excellent attendance record and an excellent safety work quality record.
• Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
- 18+ years of age.
- Able to work rapidly at a constant pace for the entire shift, in a fast-paced environment.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals.
- Develop a good working knowledge of the product, placement, and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively as it relates to the job and the safety regulations.
- Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently lift product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds.
- Regularly reach up to 72 inches.
- Constantly bend and twist while operating a pallet jack and/or forklift, retrieving items from lower shelf areas. Working Conditions To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Requires working some overtime hours, working weekends, and holidays.