266 Lisbon Street, Lewiston, ME 04240 Lewiston, ME 04240 US
RedCap Staffing is looking for Production Associates. You will be able to know your entire schedule for the year. As a Production Associate you will be responsible for; feeding hoppers and blow in card feeders, stacking mail pallets, bulk pallets, sorting and throwing mail bags, dumping stock, housekeeping, and other work upon request of the operator or the supervisor.
Job Responsibilities (Essential functions):
- Keep the machine running without delay. This involves working as a team.
- Keep each pocket filled with the correct signatures.
- Keep the card feeders filled with blow in cards.
- Stack books off the machine on pallets, mail Sacks or Tray mail as directed.
- Rotate between feeding and stacking as directed. Communicate job instructions with other team members.
- Use proper lifting and gripping techniques and follow all safety rules to prevent injury.
- Make continuous quality checks on the books as you are stacking. This will include Bleeds, Trim, Inkjet and Stitches or Glue depending on what machine you are on.
- Notify the Operator of any quality deviations.
- Minimize wasted materials, and track what is thrown away with clicker counters.
- Perform general housekeeping in respective work area.
- Perform tasks as assigned for make-ready. This may include changing suckers, getting raw material stocked for next production and general clean up.
- Cross-train on various Stitchers, Perfect Binder, and Offline Co-mailer.
- Understand the “Team Lift” process and when it is needed
- Attention to safety.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task (handle multiple task at one time).
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Willing to work in a fast paced environment.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be able to speak and understand clear English.
You may use some equipment that is below.
- Powered Pallet Jack
- Tape gun
- Box taping machine
- Jogging table