Press Break Operator
Manchester, NH 03103 US
Are you a skilled Press Brake Operator seeking a new opportunity?? Want to get paid the same day you work?? We are looking for someone with experience or be very mechanically inclined. Experience should include: Sets up and operates power brake to bend, notch, punch, form or straighten metal plates or sheet metal and structural shapes to blueprint or product specifications.
- Read and understand product documentation used in the manufacturing operation to form stock to required product specifications.
- Select, position, and align dies, secure dies to the appropriate thickness of the metal, positioning the workpiece manually to align layout marks to dies.
- Set stops on machine bed and reposition stock to run successive pieces or multiple operations.
- Verify dimensions of workpiece using calibrated measuring equipment.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the machine and general work area. Perform routine maintenance of the machine ensuring that the fluid levels are maintained, tooling is in good working order and all safety features are working properly.
- Verify that Operation Steps indicated on the Job Traveler have been signed off prior to beginning the job.
- Complete job travelers and ensure job paperwork follows parts through the manufacturing process.
- Enter labor into the manufacturing system via barcode prior to releasing product to the next operation.
- Responsible for the quality and adequacy of own work.
- Adherence to the Company’s Personnel Policies & Procedures; follows Safe Distance Principles for Safety
- Perform Daily checks as defined in FM- PM- 02 Brakes Preventive Maintenance
- Perform machine specific monthly maintenance as defined in FM- PM- 02 Brakes Preventive Maintenance
- Must be able to stand for an 8-10 hour shift.
- Lifting capabilities 15-20 lbs repeatedly with maximum lifting of 50 lbs.
- Range of Motion: Bending, walking, reaching
- Safety glasses with side shield while on the production floor
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $24.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Londonderry, NH: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Press brake machine: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person