Terrytown, LA 70056 US
RedCap Staffing is looking for reliable pipe fitters to plan, install and maintain piping systems in industrial and residential properties. Pipe fitters are responsible for reviewing blueprints, planning, installing and maintaining piping systems according to specifications.
Pipe Fitter Responsibilities:
- Inspecting the workplace, clearing obstructions and preparing materials and equipment.
- Studying blueprints and planning pipe systems and related equipment installations.
- Using a variety of tools to modify pipes to specifications.
- Measuring and marking pipes for cutting and threading.
- Assembling and welding pipe components and systems.
- Securing pipes to walls and fixtures with brackets, clamps, and welding equipment.
- Ordering required materials such as pipes, hangars, brackets, hydraulic cylinders, etc.
- Repairing and maintaining pipe systems, supports, and related equipment.
- Clearing pipe systems of obstructions and testing their functionality.
- Complying with relevant codes and regulatory standards.
- Relevant training and/or experience.
- Meet state license requirements.
- Proven experience as a Pipe Fitter.
- Excellent mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain strong attention to detail.
- Physical dexterity.