Contract Specialist- Construction
El Paso, TX 79902 US
- Assists internal customers with the development of contract requirements and scopes of work.
- Provides guidance to internal customers on procurement requirements such as, acquisition cost thresholds, competition requirements, procurement prohibitions, and applicable contracting methods.
- Prepares bidding documents for, requests for quotes, invitations for bid, request for proposal, request for qualifications to ensure compliance with procedural and technical requirements.
- Administers the solicitation process; assembling and posting documents, coordinating bidder questions and responses, preparing and distributing bid evaluation documents.
- Conducts pre-bid meetings with technical personnel, bid openings, fact-finding sessions, evaluation conferences, pre-award, post award conferences and negotiation sessions along with Project Manager.
- Prepares materials for board of commissioners’ approval.
- Drafts and administers the execution of procurement agreements.
- Drafts and executes contract renewals.
- Monitors vendor compliance to contract terms and conditions.
- Maintains contract files in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Works with Project Management to monitor contract milestone dates and costs to ensure compliance with stipulated provisions such as renewals, completions, expirations, and required deliverables.
- Acts as the lead in vendor meetings regarding all contractual matters.
- Works with Procurement Manager to ensure that necessary contract modifications are accurate and issued to clarify any changes in the construction contract.
- Assists Development organization by reviewing construction pay applications for accuracy and adherence to contractual obligations.
- Reviews prices and all supporting documentation submitted by Construction organization for modifications of construction contracts
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Management, Business Administration, Accounting, or related field is highly desired.
- Must have a minimum of 7-10 years of progressive experience in contracts administration purchasing, and formal solicitations.
- Knowledge of construction industry contracting principles and procedures in private industry. Experience in governmental, local, state, or federal contracting principles and procedures is highly desired. Working knowledge of contract law as it relates to procurement, contract management, and contracting practices and procedures is highly preferred.
- Must have knowledge and experience in the acquisition of products and services to support HCV, Finance, and other organizations within HOME.
- Must have progressive direct work experience writing bid specifications for invitations for bid (IFBs), requests for qualifications (RFQs), requests for proposals (RFP’s), design build contracts (DB), and Construction Manager at Risk contracts (CM&R).
- Must have progressive direct work experience preparing construction contract provisions and clauses, construction general and special conditions, contract modifications and solicitation of documents.
- Must be proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook).
- Must have excellent English spoken and written communication skills.
- Must have exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and organize assigned tasks to achieve optimal use of time.
- Must have the ability to analyze, review and complete assigned tasks within specific deadlines.
- Must have the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure related to multiple demands.