Find opportunities that are right for you.
Chemical Reactor Operator
Midland, TX 79703 US
The Chemical Reactor Operator is responsible for completing daily operational duties to ensure quality control of the reaction/blending operations and safe completion thereof. The Reactor Operator will also be responsible for maintaining a pristine work environment.
Reactor operator responsibilities: installation, operation, troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance with reactors and any ancillary equipment such as pumps, heat exchangers, pressure relief devices, cooling and heating equipment, etc.
- Prepare bulk loads for shipment.
- Positive attitude.
- Always stay with reaction during operations.
- Perform a JSA each day before starting.
- Perform a forklift inspection every morning before all else.
- Rope off area of chemical spills and clean up immediately.
- Report and clean up leaks immediately.
- Work at practicing good housekeeping in all areas of the reactor/blend plant.
- Sweep floors and ensure work area is clean at the end of each day.
- Ensure bulk loading area is secure before leaving for the day.
- Assist in monthly inventory for entire yard.
- Able to operate forklift and be forklift certified.
- Unload tankers, totes, and drums as they arrive or leave for destination.
- Verify volumes of what is unloaded.
- If requested, catch lab sample and take to lab.
- Position includes such other acts, responsibility, authority, or other things as are or may be necessary to fulfill the overall purpose of the job.
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Forklift Certification
- Excellent communication skills.
- Physically fit enough to handle at least 50lbs.
- Regular attendance is a must.
- Must be willing to agree to a background and drug screening pursuant to local, state, and federal rules
.Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, covered veteran status or any other status protected by law