Find opportunities that are right for you.
Midland, TX 79703 US
A chemical blender works with raw materials to create a chemical mixture in a blend tank for commercial or industrial uses. In this career, your responsibilities focus on ensuring the correct ingredients go into each batch and that the pumping and pouring of the mix are accurate and precise. You use mixers, scales, and meters on pumps to help ensure the proper quantity of each batch goes into the right container. You must ensure that all mixes are correct according to batch sheets. The chemical blender is also responsible for the setup and cleanup of all raw materials before and after mixing a batch.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the manufacturing, quality control, labeling, and packaging of all production chemistry.
- Ensures all blends meet quality specifications meet internal and ISO 9001:2015 procedures.
- Ensures proper and safe storage and handling of all raw materials and finished goods; maintains forklift and handling procedures per established protocols.
- Understands, utilizes, and measures all batch ticket specifications using assigned analytical equipment.
- Provides recommendations to the Production Team Leader for improved production strategies.
- Assists in annual physical inventories and weekly cycle counts.
- Maintains accountability of personal safety via proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- The ability to lift 50 plus lbs.
- Forklift experience a plus
- Must be willing to agree to a background and drug screening pursuant to local, state, and federal rules.
- Chemical blending experience
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, covered veteran status or any other status protected by law.